Air Dry Kit Survey Promotion Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited.
- Timing: The PPG Air Dry Kit Survey Promotion Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) runs from May 1, 2012, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on June 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, are commercially involved in automotive body repair work, and who receive a promotion kit from Sponsor or its affiliates. Employees of PPG Industries, Inc. and any of its affiliate companies, as well as the relatives (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to be legally bound by these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding (without right of appeal) in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary. To enter the Sweepstakes: Visit http://ppgrefinish.com/KitSurvey and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the five(5)-question survey. Each completed survey will entitle you to one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes; all questions must be answered in order to enter. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Prize Drawing: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around July 1, 2012. The drawing will take place at 19699 Progress Drive, Strongsville, OH 44149. The winner need not be present. The potential winner will be notified by phone on or about July 20, 2012. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance, if potential winner is a Canadian resident), in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner is a Canadian resident then he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question without assistance in order to be eligible to receive the prize. If the eligible winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory/state of residence, then the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian (who must sign all required documentation on behalf of the winner). If the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (or Declaration of Compliance) within the required time period, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate eligible entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received. At Sponsor’s discretion, a maximum of three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after winner confirmation.
- Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $500 Visa gift card. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $500 USD. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim the prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. For US Residents: Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state/province/territory for promotional purposes in any media without further notice, payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason. All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Sweepstakes entries; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail or other communications; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. The winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Sweepstakes including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason an entrant’s submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Sponsor: PPG Industries, Inc., One PPG Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15272.
- Winner List: For the winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “PPG Air Dry Kit Survey Promotion Sweepstakes”, c/o PPG Marketing Department, PPG Industries, 19699 Progress Drive, Strongsville, OH 44149. Requests must be received by September 30, 2012. Canadian residents may omit return postage.