Upcoming MVP conference focuses on accelerating shop performance
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio – July 1, 2009 – PPG’s MVP Business Solutions team will host a major conference for collision center owners and managers from across North America, September 13–15 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN. The conference will center on the theme of Accelerating Performance and will focus on helping owners and managers develop and utilize their leadership skills to implement change and maximize their business performance.
“Past MVP conferences have focused on the challenges brought forth by the current business climate and the changes that are needed in order to stay competitive,” said Randy Dewing, senior manager, PPG Business Solutions. “At this conference, we’ve put together an exceptional combination of speakers and seminars to address leadership and execution skills that are so vital to future shop success.”
The conference will consist of management training, keynote speakers, breakout seminars and peer-to-peer discussion groups.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Jim Murphy, founder of Afterburner, Inc., the global leader in Flawless Execution℠. Murphy, a seasoned combat jet pilot, will discuss “Flawless Execution – A Fighter Pilot’s Secret to Business Success.”
- Patrick Graupp, senior master trainer, TWI Institute. Graupp will present “To Japan and Back, Insights on my Lean Journey,” an exploration of the techniques used to train and improve some of the best companies in the world.
- Scott Shriber, publisher of Bodyshop Business magazine. Shriber will offer his extensive knowledge of the collision industry with regard to effective shop marketing.
This conference reflects the commitment that PPG MVP Business Solutions has “to utilize every minute that we get with a customer in a way that will help them enhance their business performance,” said Jim Berkey, director, PPG Business Solutions.
“Every event on the conference agenda is geared toward taking the leadership skills of key collision shop personnel to the highest level,” said Norm Angrove, senior manager, PPG Value Added Programs.
Seminar, breakout session and discussion group topics include:
- Leader Talk
- Increasing Sales through Strategic Sales and Marketing Systems
- Introduction to Situational Leadership®
- Leadership: Workers of the Next Generation
- Bridging the Communications Gap
- Marketing Best Practices
- Goal-setting and Execution
- Understanding and Meeting the Expectations of Your Workforce
- Employee Communication Techniques and Best Practices
Attendance at the conference is open to owners and managers of collision centers using PPG Refinish products. For more information and to register for the conference, please visit www.mvpconference.com. For more information about PPG MVP Business Solutions, contact your PPG territory manager or email MVPmailbox@ppg.com.
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.