Commercial Coatings launches ECK anti-corrosion compound
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio – July 31, 2009 – PPG Commercial Coatings proudly introduces ECK® (Electrolysis Corrosion Kontrol), a patented compound proven to prevent dissimilar metal corrosion. ECK is intended for use in a broad range of body building and manufacturing applications where dissimilar metals may come in contact. By exclusive arrangement with Van Nay, LLC, PPG becomes the sole US distributor of the convenient new ECK squeeze tube package.
“We are pleased to add ECK to the PPG Commercial Coatings line of products,” said Megan Farkasovsky, PPG marketing specialist. “We believe that the ECK product adds real value in terms of corrosion protection for many types of equipment including fire and emergency apparatus, military vehicles, trailers, and agricultural/construction equipment.”
ECK inhibits electrolytic reactions, contains sacrificial zinc, and is an effective moisture barrier. It has been extensively tested and has proven highly effective in eliminating corrosion between aluminum and stainless steel fasteners, far outperforming traditional silicone sealants and plastic insulating tape.
“Teaming up with PPG is a tremendous opportunity,” said Richard Nay, Sr., Van Nay president. “With our combined resources we can supply this outstanding product in easy-to-use new packaging to a broader array of quality-minded manufacturers.”
ECK anti-corrosion compound features include:
- Prevents all types of corrosion including mag-chloride, cal-chloride, galvanic and electrolysis
- Withstands temperatures up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safe for painted and unpainted surfaces
- Can be used with rubber and plastic
- Meets OSHA and ACGIH standards; rated a low 1 for health on the MSDS
- Replaces anti-seize, dielectric-grease and plastic insulating tape products
- Contains no silicone; petroleum-based, will not dry or wash off
- Prevents bolts and fasteners from galling and seizing
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.