The mission of the LGBT Council is to assist in creating a corporate environment that recognizes and supports LGBT employees, assists PPG’s efforts to promote diversity and inclusion, and helps to identify best practices in a variety of areas affecting LGBT employees.
The LGBT Council works to include PPG’s LGLBT employees and LGBT issues in diversity initiatives and to assist in creating a culture of inclusion that maximizes the productivity of all its employees.
The LGBT Council is committed to:
Same-gender domestic partner benefits:
- Create a safe and equitable work environment for LGBT employees;
- Increase awareness and, through appropriate channels, assist in educating all employees about sexual orientation;
- Assist, when requested, in recruiting and retaining LGBT employees;
- Work within PPG to include sexual orientation in appropriate policies and practices;
- Provide, through the creation of a LGBT Employee Resource Group, a network that supports PPG LGBT employees;
- Act as a resource for LGBT employees.
PPG provides same-gender domestic partner benefits for U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, effective Jan. 1, 2011.
The same-gender partner of a PPG salaried or non-union hourly employee, and his or her eligible child dependents, are eligible to enroll in PPG’s health care, dental and vision plans.
Providing partner benefits is consistent with PPG’s commitment to attract and retain the best employees and promote fairness, equality and an inclusive workplace.