Corporate Diversity Council
The Corporate Diversity Council is composed of nominated PPG employees from all levels of the organization from various businesses and functional areas with diverse backgrounds. The Corporate Council is chaired by a senior vice president.
PPG Industries, Inc. recognizes that in competitive global markets, employees make the difference between an ordinary company and an excellent one. Employees come to PPG with different backgrounds, experiences, education levels, ages, countries, races and genders and have different styles, talents, attitudes, values and skills. These differences together can result in greater creativity, better insights and improved decision-making, all vital to success in a competitive marketplace.
THE CORPORATE VISION
We will become a stronger, more competitive company by fostering a climate that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce, thus realizing our full potential — not only as a company, but as individuals.
THE CORPORATE COUNCIL MISSION
To promote awareness of diversity and to provide the tools to help value and manage it.
Past Council Activities
- Identifying & Recognizing Diversity Success Stories within the Businesses
- Chairman's Council Members Participate as Guests at Quarterly Corporate Diversity Council Meetings
- Developing tools to increase diversity of thought - through XSBU hiring
- Diversity "Moment" Initiative
- Diversity through Mentoring
- Guidance on diversity issues within PPG
- Diversity Champions
- Culture Change - Creating Inclusion
- Education/Communication Activities
- Diversity of Thinking - XSBU Connection
- On-line Learning
- Diversity Council Round Table - October 2001
- Diversity and Organizational Effectiveness Best Practice Forum:
- June 15, 1999
- Published a Diversity Speaker's Guide
- Produced a Corporate Diversity video
- Organized guest speakers and presentations on various diversity topics at General Office
- Supported educational offerings
- Assisted in the formation of eight local facility councils
- Served as an advisory group to PPG leadership on various diversity issues
- Promoted Diversity awareness and initiatives through numerous presentations and partnerships with PPG business leaders
- Organizational Work Climate Surveys in 1999 and 2002 followed by the development of SBU action plans to address the issues raised in the survey.