When constantly stressed, your mind and body pay the price.
Although not bad in small doses, stress can worsen symptoms of medical conditions and affect your immune system, emotions, hormones and more over the long term. If you frequently find yourself feeling frazzled and overwhelmed, it's time to bring your nervous system back into balance.
Here are some stress-reduction tips:
- Sign up for a yoga or tai chi course;
- Meditate for 10 minutes each day;
- Engage in deep-breathing exercises when you feel anxious;
- Practice progressive muscle relaxation before going to sleep;
- Have a friend serve as an interested listener when stress gets to you; and
- Choose a physical activity that can relieve stress.
- Score your stress level. Do not be afraid of self screening for Depression.
Talk to your local Employee Assistance Program representative (it is absolutely confidential!)
More to explore
Need help managing stress?
Launch these Interactive Tools
from MedlinePlus, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Not for long. Play Concentration Relaxation and you will learn valuable techniques to help you learn how to manage the stress you face every day. All while having fun. Get a match, then relax...PLAY NOW!