- Dedication to the customer - We are in business to serve customers. We focus on our markets and dedicate ourselves to meeting the products and services needs of our customers.
- Respect for the dignity, rights and contributions of employees - We operate safe, healthful and harassment-free workplaces that value diversity, promote teamwork and reward performance. We develop our people through continuous learning, creating an environment where opinions are expressed and respected.
- Recognition of the concerns and needs of society - PPG recognizes its responsibility to preserve and protect the global environment in which the company operates. To this end, we run our businesses using sound environment, health, safety and product stewardship practices, while providing product solutions that reduce energy consumption and minimize environmental impact. We communicate with the public, participate in governmental processes, and support local communities.
- Value of supply chain relationships - We leverage supplier competencies and develop relationships that focus on mutual, continuous improvement and a shared responsibility to meet our customer requirements.
- Responsibility to shareholders - We are a performance-focused company committed to the stewardship of the corporation and to delivering returns to PPG's owners.
Fundamental to our strategies is operating our businesses with a global perspective and engaging the skills and diversity of all PPG employees.
Accelerate profitable growth
Enhance operational excellence
- Strengthen leadership in coatings and specialty products.
- Continuously improve customer value proposition.
- Drive innovation and new technologies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Expand global presence.
- Establish margin leadership.
- Selectively invest to strengthen all businesses.
- Strive for cost, supply chain and working capital leadership.
Fundamental to our success is our ability to implement breakthrough initiatives to solve problems, achieve operational excellence and maintain the lowest cost position in the supply chain.
- Be the top-ranked supplier to our customers.
- Grow our earnings per share by 10% per year.
- Achieve an average return on capital (ROC) of 15%.
- Attain 30% of sales from products that are 4 years old or less.
- Increase output per employee by at least 5% per year.