Sustainability at PPG
Environment, Health and Safety
Safety and Health - Driver Safety
PPG values incorporating safety into every aspect of the workplace, and the commitment extends beyond the walls of our facilities to the highways our employees travel. Driver safety is integral to our operations. Beyond providing technical service, making the sale, and delivering the product, PPG is committed to managing the risks associated with operating a motor vehicle.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, operating a motor vehicle is one of the highest risk workplace activities. Initiated in July 2004, the PPG Driver Safety Process addresses the driving risks associated with a fleet of technical service, sales, and delivery associates. This process was developed as a result of a multidisciplinary, multi-business effort.
Key elements of PPG’s Driver Safety process include:
- Management Commitment
- Employee Involvement
- Written Policies and Procedures
- Identification of High Risk Drivers
- Disciplinary Action Process
- Crash Reporting and Investigation
- Vehicle Selection, Maintenance and Inspection
- Rewards and Recognition Process
- Driver Training and Communication
- Regulatory Compliance