To Our Distributors:
As a member company of the American Chemistry Council, Axiall is committed to the Responsible Care initiative. This means we will work together with you to ensure the safe storage, handling, distribution, use and disposal of chemical products. The intent of this initiative is to minimize adverse effects on human health and well-being, and on the environment.
We encourage your review of current distribution practices, and we will support and assist you in identifying opportunities for improvements that will reduce risks associated with Axiall's distribution of chemical products to you.
As your supplier, we strongly urge you to consult with us regarding any actions or assistance required. We pledge our support in helping you better understand our expectations of you as a valued distributor.
We have developed the following general guidelines for Distributors, as part of our implementation of Responsible Care®. This document outlines our commitment to and our expectations of you, our distributor.
These guidelines are not intended to provide guidance as to all legal requirements and regulations which may apply to the distribution of chemicals. As part of his or her obligation, the distributor should obtain appropriate advice and counsel as to specific legal requirements with which the distributor may be required to comply.
Axiall shall make a commitment to its distributors to meet the following management practices:
- Axiall will implement a distributor selection process which includes a review of environmental, health and safety performance and compliance.
- Axiall will provide information and guidance regarding Axiall safety and handling procedures for Axiall products to distributors. This may include sponsoring seminars or other forums for communication of this information.
- Current MSDS and other product literature will be provided by Axiall to the distributor on all products, in the local language where appropriate. A record will be kept on all MSDSs distributed by Axiall to the distributor.
- Axiall will provide assistance to distributors, as may be appropriate, in determining relevant requirements for labels, packages, and product literature.
- Axiall and the distributor will develop lines of communication so that issues and questions regarding product stewardship can be appropriately addressed and feedback provided with respect to environmental, health and safety issues and compliance questions.
- Axiall will evaluate distributor compliance with applicable regulations and requirements through periodic assessments. These assessments may be carried out by means of self evaluations, on-site reviews, or other means.
The distributor shall make a commitment to the following management practices, as a condition to selection/continuation as a Axiall distributor:
Responsible Care® is a registered servicemark of the American Chemistry Council.
- Distributor shall have an on-going Responsible Care® or equivalent program.
- Distributor's labels and packages must meet all appropriate and relevant requirements.
- Distributor will have a program to train appropriate employees as to applicable environmental, health and safety procedures in the unloading, storage, transportation, and handling of Axiall products.
- Distributor will provide to its customers current safety information and MSDS. A record will be kept on all MSDS distributed by the distributor to its customers.
- The distributor will (A) have a selection process for all of its carriers which ensures carrier compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and intent of Responsible Care®, and (B) review carrier compliance with applicable requirements on a regular basis and provide appropriate feedback to carrier.
- Distributor will have an appropriate emergency response plan in place.
- Distributor shall promptly notify Axiall of any distribution or transportation incident involving an Axiall product which affects, or potentially affects, environment, health and safety concerns.
- Distributor's agreements with Axiall will include an obligation to comply with all applicable environment, health and safety regulations and the intent of Responsible Care®.