PPG’s Commitment to Environment Health and Safety (EHS)
PPG Industries is committed to assure that its products are be developed, produced, distributed, used and disposed of in a safe and environmentally sound manner, as well as dedicated to advise and train our customers on their safe use and handling.
Click here for more information on PPG Corporate EHS programs and initiatives.
using our products safely
Before handling PPG automotive refinish products, users should read and understand the information on the label and the product’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). The label and MSDS contain all the information necessary for the safe handling, storage and use of PPG products including the health and physical hazards specific to each product.
Click here to go to the MSDS Search Page.
Choose The Correct MSDS Sheet
To assure on-the-job safety and minimize health risks, be sure to follow all applicable safety and health precautions for using PPG products. These precautions can be found on PPG product labels and on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
The label on an intermix formula container will have a 1, 3 or 4 number designation to match the proper MSDS sheet. The number designation refers to the following:
- #1 - all formulas without intentionally added lead, hexavalent chromium, cadmium or nickel
- #2 - empty designation - as of 10/15/12 (for historical purposes MSDS available on request)
- #3 - formulas contain nickel (but no intentionally added lead, hexavalent chromium or cadmium)
- #4 - formulas contain intentionally added lead, hexavalent chromium and/or cadmium (may also contain nickel)
safeguarding your health & safety
Protecting your personal health and safety should be of the utmost importance when using refinish paint products. Working with hazardous materials can present health problems if proper safety precautions are not taken seriously.
PPG products should always be used by trained professionals, using proper equipment under controlled conditions. PPG products should only be used in applications in which the product has been designed for.
emergency medical info 24 hours a day
PPG Industries offers an Emergency Telephone Response Service to provide medical information quickly and accurately for customers. Operators are trained to handle these type of calls and will quickly transfer the call to the proper PPG Industries division or direct the call to the United Statesl Poison Control Network.
If painting products are swallowed, do not induce vomiting.
- In case of skin contact, remove promptly by wiping, followed by waterless hand cleaner and soap and water
- In case of eye contact, flush eyes immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention
- If affected by inhalation of vapor or spray mist, remove to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration and other support methods as required
poison control hotline
Select Option 1 for Medical Assistance
Contact the Poison Control Hotline, Emergency Room or Physician immediately if any of the following occur during or following use of paint products:
- Excessive exposure to corrosive material
- Persistent skin/eye irritation or breathing difficulties
- Other symptoms
Make sure to have product label or MSDS readily available.
In all instances, medical and product information can be obtained through PPG and the National Poison Control Center Network.