PITTSBURGH, June 1, 2006 – PPG Industries has presented 11 Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2005.
Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Kathleen McGuire, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. “Their products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2005 were outstanding,” she said. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $6 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2005 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Applied Industrial Technologies – honored for the second straight year – a Cleveland-based supplier of bearings and engineered products as well as power-transmission and fluid-power components to PPG's U.S. automotive coatings and glass, performance glazings, fiber glass and chlor-alkali and derivatives businesses.
- Arrow Uniform , headquartered in Taylor, Mich., which provides uniform and mat services in the Americas and Asia for the automotive, architectural and industrial coatings units as well as the aerospace, automotive original-equipment-manufacture (OEM) glass, chlor-alkali and derivatives, fiber glass and fine chemicals businesses.
- Bayer MaterialScience , Leverkusen, Germany, supplier of Bisphenol A in Europe and the United States for the automotive OEM and industrial coatings businesses.
- Catalytic Combustion Corp ., based in Bloomer, Wis., which provides air-pollution abatement equipment and service to PPG's coatings businesses in the United States.
- Concerto Office Products of Itasca, Ill. – a certified minority business enterprise joint venture between Guy Brown Products and Pittsburgh-based OfficeMax – which provides office supplies and computer peripherals to support U.S. automotive OEM and replacement glass, chlor-alkali and derivatives, architectural coatings, automotive refinish, aerospace, fiber glass and industrial coatings businesses.
- EDS-France , Neuilly, France, provider of information technology and data-processing services to PPG's automotive OEM, industrial and packaging coatings as well as fiber glass and fine chemicals businesses in Europe and the United States.
- GE Commercial Finance Fleet Services , with headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn., which provides automotive fleet leasing and services globally to the automotive replacement glass; architectural, automotive refinish and automotive OEM coatings; and other businesses.
- Lewis-Goetz and Company , a Pittsburgh-based supplier of rubber products to U.S. aerospace, performance glazings, automotive OEM glass and chlor-alkali and derivatives businesses.
- Resolve Corporation of Strongsville, Ohio, which provides literature and point-of-purchase distribution and fulfillment services for the architectural, automotive refinish and industrial coatings units as well as performance glazings and automotive replacement glass businesses in North America.
- Schenectady-Crios , Rio Claro, Brazil, which supplies acrylic resins to the automotive refinish and packaging coatings businesses in North America, South America and Europe.
- Superior Pallet , based in Burkburnett, Texas, which provides containers, packing materials and packaging services for the performance glazings business.
Pittsburgh-based PPG Industries is a global supplier of coatings, glass, fiber glass and chemicals, with manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates in more than 20 countries. Sales were US$10.2 billion in 2005.
– 22880 –