PPG honors 12 excellent suppliersPITTSBURGH, May 22, 2007 –
PPG Industries has presented 12 Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2006.
Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Kathleen McGuire, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. “Their products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2006 were outstanding,” she said. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $6 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2006 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Arrow Uniform , headquartered in Cleveland, which provides uniform and mat services in the Americas and Asia to PPG's automotive, architectural and industrial coatings businesses as well as its aerospace, automotive original-equipment glass, chlor-alkali and derivatives, fiber glass and fine chemicals units.
- BASF East Asia Regional Headquarters Ltd. , headquartered in Hong Kong, which provides performance chemicals to PPG’s industrial coatings business in Asia.
- Clariant International , Muttenz, Switzerland, supplier of pigments and additives worldwide to PPG’s automotive and industrial coatings businesses as well as its aerospace business.
- Dixie Metalcraft , based in Hazel Green, Ala., which provides metal frames and components to PPG's aerospace products business in the United States.
- EPSCO International of Houston supplies pipe, valves and fittings for corrosive applications to PPG’s chemicals facilities in La Porte, Texas, and Lake Charles, La.
- Fairmont Supply Company , Canonsburg, Pa., provider of safety and industrial supplies to PPG's automotive and industrial coatings businesses as well as its aerospace, performance glazings, automotive original-equipment glass and fine chemicals units in the United States.
- Flanary & Sons Trucking , Church Hill, Tenn., which provides transportation services for uncrated glass products to PPG's performance glazings business in the United States.
- The Folks Creative Printers , Marion, Ohio, provider of product labels to PPG's automotive refinish business in the United States for 23 years.
- GE Commercial Finance Fleet Services , with headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn., which provides global automotive fleet leasing and related services to PPG's automotive replacement glass, coatings and refinish businesses as well as its architectural coatings and other businesses in the United States and Europe.
- Materials Science International , a Columbus, Ohio-based supplier of vacuum coater targets to PPG's performance glazings and automotive original-equipment glass businesses in the United States.
- POLYNT S.p.A. of Scanzorosciate (Bergamo), Italy, which provides phthalic anhydride to PPG’s automotive coatings business in Europe.
- South Hills Movers , based in Pittsburgh, which provides shipping services for household items when PPG relocates employees within the United States.
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, chemicals, optical products, specialty materials, glass and fiber glass. The company employs more than 30,000 people and has 125 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates in more than 20 countries. Sales in 2006 were $11 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York and Philadelphia stock exchanges (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com