PPG honors eight excellent suppliersPITTSBURGH, June 19, 2008 –
PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) has presented eight Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2007.
Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Kathleen McGuire, PPG vice president, purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. “Their products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2007 were outstanding,” she said. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
On an annual basis, PPG purchases nearly $7 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2007 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- A. Duie Pyle Companies , a highway motor carrier headquartered in West Chester, Pa., that provides transportation services to PPG's architectural, automotive refinish, automotive OEM and industrial coatings businesses as well as its performance glazings unit in the United States.
- APN Starfirst LP , owned by the management of American PowerNet and based in Wyomissing, Pa., which provides consulting, technical and administrative services relating to wholesale and retail electricity sourcing to PPG's chlor-alkali and derivatives, architectural coatings and performance glazings businesses in the United States.
- Chamberlain Marketing Group , Taylor, Mich., a supplier of promotional products to PPG's architectural, refinish and industrial coatings businesses as well as its automotive replacement glass unit in the United States.
- Degussa , based in Sao Paulo, Brazil, which provides colorants, pigments and resins to PPG's coatings businesses in South America.
- General Motors Fleet & Commercial of Detroit, which provides fleet automobiles to all PPG’s businesses in the United States and Canada.
- GHX Industrial LLC , a Houston, Texas-based provider of industrial gaskets and hoses to PPG's chlor-alkali and derivatives, optical and specialty products and silicas manufacturing operations in Lake Charles.
- Intercontinental Quimica S.A. , with headquarters in Madrid, Spain, which provides purified isophthalic and terephthalic acids to PPG's automotive coatings, automotive refinish, and industrial and packaging coatings businesses in Europe.
- Sartorius AG , based in Goettingen, Germany, which provides electronic scales to PPG's automotive refinish business on a worldwide basis.
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, chemicals, optical products, specialty materials, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 150 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. PPG’s sales in 2007 were $11.2 billion. SigmaKalon, a worldwide coatings producer based in Uithoorn, Netherlands, that PPG acquired Jan. 2, 2008, had 2007 sales of $2.9 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com