PPG publishes new sustainable building products brochurePITTSBURGH, Dec. 17, 2008 –
PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) has published EcoLogical Building Solutions
, a new brochure highlighting its sustainable architectural glass, coatings and paint products. Featured products include:
- Solarban solar control, low-emissivity glass, which simultaneously transmits high levels of daylight while blocking solar heat energy to minimize lighting and cooling costs;
- Duranar liquid and powder coatings, which both meet AAMA 2605 standards for long-term durability and which, in powder form, contain no volatile organic compounds (VOCs);
- Duranar ULTRA-Cool infrared reflective coatings, which meet ENERGY STAR reflectance and Solar Reflective Index (SRI) critieria for cool roofing coatings;
- Low-emitting Pittsburgh Paints, including Pure Performance paint, the first commercial paint to receive Class A certification from Green Seal;
- Low-emitting MegaSeal flooring systems, which provide color and long-term durability with VOC levels of fewer than 50 grams per liter (g/l); and
- Solarphire solar-stable, low-iron glass for use with solar panels.
In addition to sustainable glass, coatings and paints, the 12-page booklet details PPG’s commitment to environmental stewardship through ongoing research and development, supply chain management, manufacturing-related green innovation and support of numerous global environmental organizations.
To order a copy of EcoLogical Building Solutions
, visit www.ppgideascapes.com
or call 1-888-PPG-IDEA (888-774-4332).Duranar, MegaSeal, Pittsburgh, Pure Performance, Solarban, Solarphire and ULTRA-Cool are trademarks of PPG Industries.
Robert J. Struble