PPG honors six excellent suppliers PITTSBURGH, June 16, 2009 –
PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) has presented six Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2008.
Award criteria included product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Kathleen McGuire, PPG vice president, purchasing and distribution, praised the performance of the award-winning suppliers. “Their products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2008 were outstanding,” she said. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide a significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $8 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers.
Companies earning the 2008 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Denver Industria e Comercio de Produtos Quimicos Ltda. , based in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a supplier of acrylic emulsions to PPG's architectural coatings business in South America.
- KD Wood Co., Inc. , Brownsboro, Ala., which provides packaging and supply integration services to PPG's aerospace business in the United States.
- MPW Industrial Services Group, Inc. , Hebron, Ohio, which provides cleaning services for stainless steel intermediate bulk containers to PPG's automotive original-equipment, refinish and industrial coatings businesses in the United States.
- Optimodal, Inc. , of West Chester, Pa., which provides tank container intermodal transportation to PPG’s automotive original-equipment coatings, optical products and packaging coatings businesses in the United States.
- Paramount Global Services, Inc. , of La Mirada, Calif., which provides packaging supplies, third-party logistics services and freight forwarding services to PPG’s aerospace business in the United States.
- TECMEC Srl , an Albairate, Italy-based provider of point-of-sale mixing equipment and cabinets to PPG’s automotive refinish business in the United States and Europe.
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com
PPG Corporate Communications