PPG announces 2010 show truck schedule
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio, Dec. 16, 2009 – PPG Industries’ (NYSE:PPG) automotive refinish business has released the 2010 schedule of appearances for its show truck. A traveling exhibit of PPG paint displays and products, the truck will make 21 stops across the country from March through October at truck, car and hot rod events such as those sponsored by the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, National Street Rod Association and Antique Truck Historical Society.
Attracting attention wherever it travels, the 75-foot 2007 Freightliner Coronado tractor-trailer rig was custom-painted with Vibrance Collection finishes by a crew from PPG’s refinish training, product marketing and color technical teams. It displays the graphics, effects and paint schemes possible when using Vibrance Collection paint products, including some of the best flame design work in the business.
PPG driver Chad Hook will steer the Freightliner to destinations starting with the 1st Spring Nationals in Scottsdale, Ariz., March 12, and concluding with the 17th Southeastern Nationals in Charlotte, N.C., Oct. 29. Stop by the listed events to see the truck and learn about the Vibrance Collection paints and techniques used:
- Scottsdale, Ariz., March 12-14 – 1st Spring Nationals
- Louisville, Ky., March 25-27 – Mid America Truck Show
- Del Mar, Calif., April 9-11 – 10th Del Mar Nationals
- Knoxville, Tenn., April 30-May 2 – 36th Street Rod Nationals South
- Pleasanton, Calif., May 24-29 – Antique Truck Historical Society
- Loveland, Colo., June 4-6 – 13th Colorado Nationals
- Indianapolis, June 11-13 – 22nd Hot Rod Nationals
- St. Paul, Minn., June 18-20 – Back to the ’50s
- Pueblo, Colo., June 25-27 – 26th Rocky Mountain Street Nationals
- Des Moines, Iowa, July 2-4 – 19th Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, Ohio, July 9-11 – 13th PPG Nationals
- Syracuse, N.Y., July 16-18 – Syracuse Nationals
- Louisville, Ky., Aug. 5-8 – 41st Annual Street Rod Nationals
- Norwalk, Ohio, Aug. 20-22 – 9th Blue Suede Cruise
- Kansas City, Kan., Sept. 3-5 – 9th Mid-Western Nationals
- Kalamazoo, Mich., Sept. 10-12 – 31st Street Rod Nationals North
- Joliet, Ill., Sept. 17-19 – 4th Peak Chicagoland Nationals
- Pocono, Pa., Sept. 24-26 – 6th Great American Nationals
- Ft. Worth, Texas, Oct. 1-3 – 18th Lone Star Nationals
- Bowling Green, Ky., Oct. 15-17 – 3rd Nostalgia Nationals
- Charlotte, N.C., Oct. 29-31 – 17th Southeastern Nationals
For more information about the PPG Show Truck and the 2010 appearance schedule, call 800/647-6050 or visit the PPG Automotive Refinish Web site at www.ppgrefinish.com.
Pittsburgh-based PPG is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
Vibrance Collection is a trademark of PPG Industries.
PPG Automotive Refinish