PPG releases 2011 show truck schedule
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio, Jan. 13, 2011 – PPG Industries’ (NYSE:PPG) automotive refinish business has announced the 2011 tour schedule for its colorful show truck. The 75-foot 2007 Freightliner Coronado tractor-trailer rig is a self-contained mobile exhibit featuring PPG paint products in eye-catching displays. It will crisscross the country from March through October, stopping at major truck, car and hot rod events, such as shows sponsored by the National Street Rod Association and the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association.
The show truck is painted with PPG products including DELFLEET(R) Evolution F3995 Epoxy Primer, FBC Basecoat, FBC500 Blending Clear between colors, and F3921 Clearcoat to finish. The result is custom color and design work that shows the dazzling graphics, flames, effects and paint schemes that can be achieved using PPG products. The finished work also gives custom car and truck buffs ideas for their own schemes. The truck’s current paint scheme was designed and executed by PPG master painter Paul Stoll and a team from California-based Kelly & Son the Crazy Painters, one of the best-known shops in the world of custom painting.
Chad Hook of PPG will drive the Freightliner to all its destinations. The truck’s first appearance is scheduled for March 11-13, at the 2nd annual Spring Nationals in Scottsdale, Ariz. Among its many stops will be appearances at the 1st Spring Lone Star Nationals in Fort Worth, Texas, the 14th PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio, and the Woodward Dream Cruise in Troy, Mich. The tour concludes with the 18th Southeastern Nationals in Charlotte, N.C., in late October.
The complete show schedule is as follows:
- Scottsdale, Ariz., 3/11–3/13: 2nd Spring Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas, 3/18–3/20: 1st Spring Lone Star Nationals
- Louisville, Ky., 3/31–4/2: Mid-America Trucking Show
- Oklahoma City, 4/15–4/17: 28th Southeast Street Rod Nationals
- Knoxville, Tenn., 5/6–5/8: 37th Street Rod Nationals South
- Ocean City, Md., 5/20–5/22: Cruisin’ Ocean City
- Springfield, Mo., 5/27–5/29: 28th Mid-America Street Rod Nationals
- Loveland, Colo., 6/3–6/5: 14th Colorado Nationals
- St. Paul, Minn., 6/17–6/19: Back to the ’50s
- Pueblo, Colo., 6/24–6/26: 27th Rocky Mountain Street Nationals
- Des Moines, Iowa, 7/1–7/3: 20th Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, Ohio, 7/8–7/10: 14th PPG Nationals
- Syracuse, N.Y., 7/15–7/17: Syracuse Nationals
- Louisville, Ky., 8/4–8/7: 42nd Annual Street Rod Nationals
- Joliet, Ill., 8/12–8/14: 5th Peak Chicagoland Nationals
- Troy, Mich., 8/19–8/21: Woodward Dream Cruise
- Kansas City, Kan., 9/2–9/4: 10th Midwestern Nationals
- Indianapolis, 9/16–9/18: 23rd Brickyard Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas, 9/30–10/2: 19th Lone Star Nationals
- Charlotte, N.C., 10/28–10/30: 18th Southeastern Nationals
Truck and car fans attending any of the listed events can get a close look at the truck and learn more about PPG products and painting techniques.
For more information about the PPG show truck and its 2011 appearance schedule, call 800-647-6050 or visit the PPG Automotive Refinish website at www.ppgrefinish.com.
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Founded in 1883, the company serves customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG operates in more than 60 countries around the globe. Sales in 2009 were $12.2 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
Delfleet is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
# # #
PPG Automotive Refinish