PPG announces 2012 show truck tour schedule
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio, Jan. 10, 2012 – PPG Industries' (NYSE:PPG) automotive refinish business has released the 2012 tour schedule for its colorful, custom-painted show truck. From March to October, the 75-foot, 2007 Freightliner Coronado tractor-trailer rig will make 19 appearances in 16 states around the country, stopping at major car, truck and hot rod shows sponsored by the National Street Rod Association, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, and other truck and car enthusiast organizations. Car and truck buffs attending the shows are invited to see this unique vehicle.
The truck is a self-contained, rolling display of exhibits featuring PPG paint products, with the main attraction being the truck itself. The big Freightliner is a canvas for the work of PPG master painter Paul Stoll and a team from California-based Kelly & Son the Crazy Painters, one of the most respected shops in the world of custom painting. Together, they conceived the truck’s paint scheme and used DELFLEET(R) Evolution F3995 Epoxy Primer, FBC Basecoat, FBC500 Blending Clear and F3921 Clearcoat to create it. Their efforts produced custom color and design work highlighting the dazzling graphics, flames, effects and paint schemes that can be achieved with PPG products.
PPG driver Chad Hook will guide the Freightliner to its appearances. His first stop is in Scottsdale, Ariz., March 9-11, for the third annual Spring Nationals. Hook’s itinerary includes the 15th annual PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio, the 29th annual Mid-America Street Rod Nationals in Springfield, Mo., and the U.S. Diesel Truckin’ Nationals in Englishtown, N.J.
The complete show schedule is as follows:
- Scottsdale, Ariz., 3/9-11: 3rd Spring Nationals
- Fort Worth, Texas, 3/16-18: 2nd Spring Lone Star Nationals
- Del Mar, Calif., 3/30-4/1: 12th Del Mar Nationals
- Oklahoma City, Okla., 4/13-15: 29th Southwest Street Rod Nationals
- Carlisle, Pa., 4/25-29: Spring Carlisle
- Knoxville, Tenn., 5/4-6: 38th Street Rod Nationals South
- Nashville, Tenn., 5/18-20: 7th Nashville Nationals
- Springfield, Mo., 5/25-27: 29th Mid-America Street Rod Nationals
- York, Pa., 6/1-3: 39th Street Rod Nationals East
- Loveland, Colo., 6/8-10: 15th Colorado Nationals
- Pueblo, Colo., 6/22-24: 28th Rocky Mountain Street Nationals
- Des Moines, Iowa, 6/29-7/1: 21st Heartland Nationals
- Columbus, Ohio, 7/6-8: 15th PPG Nationals
- Puyallup, Wash., 7/27-29: 25th Pacific Northwest Nationals
- Joliet, Ill., 8/10-12: 6th Peak Chicagoland Nationals
- Kansas City, Kan., 8/31-9/2: 11th Mid-Western Nationals
- Englishtown, N.J.: 9/14-16: U.S. Diesel Truckin’ National
- Burlington, Vt., 9/21-23: 19th Northeast Nationals
- Charlotte, N.C., 10/26-28: 19th Southeastern Nationals
Truck and car fans attending the listed events are invited to visit the truck and learn more about PPG products and the painting techniques used. Buffs may find the truck to be an inspiration for developing their own artistic designs.
To learn more about PPG and the PPG show truck, call 800-647-6050 or visit www.ppgrefinish.com.
PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM)
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in more than 60 countries around the world. Sales in 2010 were $13.4 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com.
# # #
Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark and Delfleet is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
PPG Automotive Refinish