Teslin® High-Performance Synthetic Paper —
The Proven Choice for Durable Applications
Teslin® substrate is a durable, tamper-evident, and highly printable synthetic paper that excels for laminated print projects and other applications demanding a tough, high-performance material.
As a microporous, dimensionally stable, highly-filled, single-layer, polyolefin material, Teslin substrate is in a category of its own among synthetic papers and printable plastics. The porous, uncoated material lets inks, adhesives, coatings and laminating films penetrate deeply into its structure to form strong interlocking bonds, makes the material breathable and lightweight, and enables it to provide insulation, cushioning and other performance benefits that are unique among synthetic papers.
Harsh environments and punishing applications are no match for Teslin substrate high-performance synthetic paper. Compare these performance benefits with other synthetic papers:
- Teslin synthetic paper resists abrasion and safeguards printed text and graphics from distortion without the need for a laminate or protective coating.
- The waterproof, chemical-resistant qualities of Teslin high-performance synthetic paper allow it to endure steam-pressing and dry-cleaning. Other synthetic papers require a coating to accomplish what Teslin substrate does without enhancement.
- Teslin substrate has a broad temperature range and remains pliable in temperatures from -70°C/-94°F to 180°C/356°F, even during long periods of exposure or rapid environmental changes. Other synthetic papers can become brittle in low temperatures or melt in high temperatures.
Ideal for Laminated Applications
Teslin high-performance synthetic paper exhibits unparalleled strength when bonded to laminate film. Printers and end users that invest in lamination for their printed products will not find another synthetic material that provides the same durability, lifespan and manufacturing flexibility as Teslin substrate.
- Teslin substrate forms adhesive bonds that are up to 10 times stronger than many other synthetic materials.
- Can easily be die-cut to any shape.
- Fuses with laminate film so edge seals are not required.
Easy, High-Quality Printing
Compatible with a broad range of print technologies and producing vibrant color with crisp, clear print definition, Teslin high-performance synthetic paper is ideal for applications that demand high levels of processing flexibility because it:
- Prints like conventional pulp paper. That means no special inks or drying equipment. This is in contrast with other synthetic papers that require special oxidizing inks and require long dry times.
- Inks and toners penetrate deeply into the material and fuse with its structure nearly instantly. This results in quick dry-times, nearly indestructible printed text and graphics; and faster processing and throughput than other synthetics.
- Unlike other synthetic papers, one grade of Teslin substrate performs equally well across a broad range of printing technologies, enabling commercial printers to inventory one synthetic paper instead of multiple SKUs.
- Can be duplex and dual-surface printed with high-quality graphics, digital photos, bar codes and micro-text, making it ideal for variable print projects.
- Accommodates a variety of converting methods and finishing techniques for design flexibility and creativity.
Tamper-Evident for Built-In Security
Inherently tamper-evident, Teslin high-performance synthetic paper is the preferred material for security applications such as identification cards and credentials, brand protection labels, and smart cards and RFID tags. Here’s why:
- Teslin substrate resists mechanical separation and permanently distorts when the strong adhesive bond that it forms with other materials is altered or broken
- Teslin substrate offers optional customizable security features for advanced security programs.
- Teslin substrate provides valuable cushioning to protect embedded components in electronic labels or credentials.
- Teslin substrate exhibits lower dielectric constant, emits minimal particulates when flexed, and is more static-dissipative than other synthetic security papers and printable plastics.
Contact us to request samples and learn more about the high performance benefits of Teslin synthetic paper substrate.
PPG Industries warrants only that its products will be of PPG's standard quality, and will conform to the label thereof. This warranty is exclusive and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, that of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PPG will not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages. Buyer's remedy shall be limited to replacement of nonconforming product or refund of the purchase price.
Typical Application Uses
Product Grades for Specific Application Needs
Teslin high-performance synthetic paper is available in several enhanced substrates for specific applications such as food contact, supply chain security or biodegradability. Contact us, to learn more and request samples.