|If you’re a designer or materials engineer looking for a new way to apply graphics to a plastic or rubber surface, Teslin substrate may be exactly the material you’re looking for. Because it’s an unconventional material, Teslin substrate delivers problem-solving properties that other materials can’t.|
A Material Made for Molding and Graphics
Teslin substrate has unique properties that make it an ideal graphics layer to a rubber or plastic surface. Teslin substrate is a microporous, highly filled polyethylene matrix. It forms incredibly strong bonds with molten rubber or plastics systems without the use of adhesives, thus providing a method to decorate surfaces with higher quality graphics at a lower cost than previously possible. Teslin substrate has all the properties necessary to achieve success in molded applications:
Teslin substrate offers the best of both worlds: It has the printability of paper combined with the durability and water-resistant nature of synthetics. It can be die-cut, foil stamped, embossed, grommeted, glued and pasted. Its adaptability to a myriad of printing technologies and converting methods gives designers freedom never before possible with synthetics.
- Readily adaptable to virtually all print methods
- Excellent thermal stability to withstand high temperatures of molding systems
- Microporous structure allows the formation of strong physical bonds with molten plastic or rubber systems
- Polar surface enhances bonding properties and yields a surface that is receptive to further manufacturing steps such as bonding to additional layers or painting
- Adaptable to a wide variety of molding systems including injection molding, compression molding and others
- Extremely durable and abrasion-resistant when molded to a surface
Compatible with Every Printing Process
Teslin substrate adapts to virtually any printing process. You can print fixed information via offset or flexo, and then print variable information, including bar codes, with thermal transfer, laser or ink jet. Inks dry on contact. You can also select a specialty grade of Teslin substrate to complete the entire process in one pass, such as Teslin SPID substrate for color laser printing or Teslin digital substrate for printing on Indigo and Xeikon engine machines.
Teslin substrate delivers the features that designers and materials engineers of in-mold graphics look for:
- Printable by all methods
- Durability of printed image
- Good chemical resistance
- Low static
- Rotary die cuttable
- Good thermal resistance
- Good cold crack resistance
- Good smudge and scuff resistance
- Compatible with standard label application machinery
Request product samples using our online form.
PPG Industries warrants only that its products will be of PPG's standard quality, and will conform to the label thereof. This warranty is exclusive and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, that of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. PPG will not be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages. Buyer's remedy shall be limited to replacement of nonconforming product or refund of the purchase price.